Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Blog, First Post, First Mission Trip

Who would have thunk it? Li'l ole Chad Cole from Vilas, NC is going to Haiti to work as an EMT. Back in 1998 when I started my volunteer career in emergency services, I would have never thought I would be able to take the skills and knowledge and apply them in a mission setting 12 years later. My heart has always been with helping people in need, but I have only been able to do that here in NC. Being part of a Christian organization, Samaritan's Purse, I have been given the opportunity to go out and heal in two different ways, both spiritualy and physically. I Pray that I may be able to touch the hearts of those lost as well as heal those who are sick and injured.

So, as I prepare for my 10 day journey to Haiti, I would like for everyone to please pray for me and my family. The Lord has truley blessed me with a supportive family, who have always stuck by me and my decisions. This will be the longest I have been away from my daughter and wife and I have to admitt, it is going to be tuff.

Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. KJV

1 comment:

  1. chad im so happy for you. its just amazing what God can do. its still hard for me to realize where i am today. i will be praying for you every day. i love you all.

    ReplyDelete