Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2

Well today was not like yesterday. We had over 140 patients come in, compared to 80, and we was running out of supplies. Some of my paients from yesterday were still there when I got back this morning. We had some of the hottest weather today too. I drunk so much water, but never used the bathroom. I looked liked I had ran through the shower in my scrubs. I will have to wear tennis shoes tomorrow. My boots are making my feet sweat so bad I am affraid I will get swamp foot. I still can't rap my mind around all the sickness here. Words and my pics will never come close to describing this place. The country is beautiful, but deadly. We have more doctors coming in tomorrow, so we should have more help soon. We are out of cots and the sun was draining everyone. The SP staff had to come in and put up tarps for us to put paients under. We have made some great friends with the local interprators. Wisley (just like Wesley) is mine and is such a great guy. He is self taught at english and does very well. I am done for the night and going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment