Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 6

Last night was a good night. No deaths and we only had about 120 patients and 40 new admitts. I had 3 tents alone this time with 2 Haitian nurses to try and help me. The nurses here are hard to work with. They only want to change the IV bags and open the drip rate to wide open. I made ballons and gave out stickers in my down time and got alot of smiles and laughs out of the kids. Around 3a this morning I got so tired and my head was busting.  I tried to sit for a while and rest, but we had so much going on that that didn't last long. A lady in tent three got the urge to pray, so she did, for one and a half hours. I filmed her for a few minutes. I had my interpretor translate to make sure it was not voodoo or tongue, he assured me it was not. Tonight should be my last night... I hope. I really want to travel around and see the area before I go, so maybe this weekend me and Dr. Lance will get a chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment