Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 7

Well we had a very interesting night last night. I got to witness vodo in person and it scared the pee out of us! The community behind where our tents are had a ceremony around midnight and it echoed all over the place. We prayed several times as a group and each of us prayed for our own tents. You could feel the evil in the air and we all had the sick, uneasy feeling for a while. I made it all 3 nights with no deaths and nothing real major in my tents. I started anoter EJ and helped with 3 more. Kinda wish now I had finished EMT-I class a few years ago. Miranda let me borrow her phone so that I could call home and talk to the girls. I sure did love hearing their voices. Abby said they were putting up Christmas decorations on the tree, which is great because that means I do not have to do it when I get home. The internet is terrible here and most of us can not get on. A few of the guys have managed to get on here and let the rest of us borrow their laptops. I am supposed to be off tonight since I have worked 6 days in a row now, but I might go in so that I can have Tuesday off before I come home. Several members of my team left today. Mike, the Firefighter/Paramedic from Jackson Hole Wyoming left just a few minutes ago and we had a great talk before he left. He is a good man and I made a great new friend. Joany, Dr. Kari and Miranda all left as well. We made a great little team and worked well together. We all exchanged emails so we could start sharing pics of each other and be friends on FB. I hope to work with them all again someday. I'm going to catch a nap now and then head to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment