Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 5

I just realized that yesterdays post didn't get posted till today. Sorry if I confused anyone.... DAYNA!!!

Well last night was VERY interesting for my first night shift. We had a total of 122 patients before 4am. From 7p till 4a we only admitted 35, everyone else was given fluids outside and sent home. Between 4a and 7:30a we had a rush of 35+ and overwhelmed us. I have never started so many IV's and assessed so many patients at one time in my life. We did not have any casualties last, thank the Lord. We had a pneumothorax and got to decompress the ladies right lung right the in the tent. Dr. Jeff Wey is the man!! I was unable to get pics of that because we had her and 121 other patients to tend to. We had to do 6 IO's last night and I think 2 EJ's on kids. Most of the people coming in in the morning are on the verge of death anyway because they have slept all night and waited to travel in the early morning when it is safer. When they get to use they need all the fluids we can throw at them and to be monitored closely. I like the night shift and I think I am going to try to keep it till I leave. It is very cool here at night and I work ten times better in cool weather, now if it would only snow! I got in the bed at 9:30 this morning and got up around 2p. For some unknown reason, house keeping decided to sweep around my bed and make the beds up around me. I thought Dr. Trey and I was going to have a coming to Jesus meeting with them!! I have been getting a lot of emails and messages on FB from everyone reminding me they are praying for me. I believe it... I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment